The most important thing to remember, when you are struggling, is that you are not alone.
Every parents knows what it’s like to have a long, hard, lonely, difficult day – for various reasons and in different seasons of life.
We all need friendship, support, someone to chat to, time to ourselves, community and fun!
At any of these fantastic groups, organisations, charities or forums you’ll find just that.
There’s something for everyone here, so check them out and find what’s right for you.
(Click on the logo for more information, this opens a new page)
- Eyes Without Sparkle: A Journey Through Postnatal Illness by Elaine A Hanzak
- Surviving Post-Natal Depression: At Home, No One Hears You Scream by Cara Aiken.
- How to be a Happy Mum: The Netmums Guide to Stress-free Family Life by Siobhan Freegard.
- Fine (Not Fine) – Perspectives and Experiences of Postnatal Depression by Bridget Hargreave.
- A Monster Ate My Mum – by Jen Faulkner (written to help children understand a parent’s struggle with the illness). You’ll find a great review of the book here – The Butterfly Mum blog.
- Bonkers: A Real Mum’s Hilariously Honest tales of Motherhood, Mayhem and Mental Health by Olivia Seigl. Available to buy HERE.