The most important thing to remember, when you are struggling, is that you are not alone. 10-20% of parents are feeling very similar things and EVERY parents knows what it’s like to have a long, hard, lonely, difficult day.
We all need friendship, support, someone to chat to, time to ourselves, community and fun! At any of these fantastic groups, organisations or forums you’ll find just that.
There’s something for everyone here, so check them out and find what’s right for you –
IN PERSON or ONLINE SUPPORT:
- EveryMum Movement – http://everymummovement.com
- Parenting NI – http://www.parentingni.org
- Mums NI – https://www.mumsni.com
- Tribal Fitness – https://www.tribalfitnessbootcamps.co.uk
- Centred Soul – https://www.centredsoul.co.uk
- Mums Chorus – http://themumchorus.com/tmc/index.html
- Aware NI – https://www.aware-ni.org
- Support 2gether – https://www.facebook.com/s2charity/
- Pandas Foundation – http://www.pandasfoundation.org.uk
- Nurture – http://www.nurturecharity.org
- We Are Pangs – https://wearepangs.com
- Afterthoughts NI – http://www.afterthoughtsni.com
- Best Beginnings – https://www.bestbeginnings.org.uk
- Netmums – https://www.netmums.com
- NCT – https://www.nct.org.uk
- Maternal Mental Health Alliance – http://maternalmentalhealthalliance.org
- Anxiety Centre – http://www.anxietycentre.com
- PND & Me – http://pndandme.co.uk
- Family Support NI – www.familysupportni.gov.uk
- Support for Mums NI – https://www.facebook.com/supportformumsNI/
- Mums Wellness Project – https://www.parentingni.org/family-wellness-project/mums-wellness-project/
- Maternal OCD – https://maternalocd.org
- Mums Mind NI – https://www.facebook.com/MumsMindNI/
- Action on Postpartum Psychosis (APP) – https://www.app-network.org/peer-support/
- Eyes Without Sparkle: A Journey Through Postnatal Illness by Elaine A Hanzak
- Surviving Post-Natal Depression: At Home, No One Hears You Scream by Cara Aiken.
- How to be a Happy Mum: The Netmums Guide to Stress-free Family Life by Siobhan Freegard.
- Fine (Not Fine) – Perspectives and Experiences of Postnatal Depression by Bridget Hargreave.
- A Monster Ate My Mum – by Jen Faulkner (written to help children understand a parent’s struggle with the illness). You’ll find a great review of the book here – The Butterfly Mum blog.
- Bonkers: A Real Mum’s Hilariously Honest tales of Motherhood, Mayhem and Mental Health by Olivia Seigl. Available to buy HERE.